Saturday, January 18, 2014

#25 Gouda Chili Ramen Bowl

So this ramen bowl is actually an old recipe. "Old" in the sense that I had actually made this a couple weeks back, not "old" in the implication that this dish is a classics dish. More importantly this meal was a collaborative effort. My good friend, Kevin Rivas, decided to cook chili for the house one night. And it was remarkable.

 I'd like to think that he artfully turned a cow's carcass into a delicacy. I can't fully enclose information about how he made his chili but I do know that he added Italian sausage, peppers, and dark chocolate powder. The chocolate really smoothed out the spicy bite of the peppers and resulted in a some heat gradient for the tongue. I, being the sacrilegious person that I am, took his fine chili and smashed it into a bowl of ramen. I added some carrots and corn to enhance the sweetness, and soaked the noodles in a chicken broth. Cheese didn't seem like a terrible idea, so I also melted and stirred in some peppered Gouda.

No comments:

Post a Comment