Monday, January 20, 2014

#26 Beer Battered Ramen

For those of you who have gone out with me to get a beer, you have learned by now that I have transcended the category "beer snob". I believe my unwarranted exclamations and histronic reactions have earned me the title, "beer douchebag". So when I stumble across the inevitable mediocre Saint Arnold in my fridge, my shriveled heart fills with dismay. Well... not anymore. Apparently, there is a use for beers that just do not make the taste bud cut. Pour it in a batter. I scored an excellent beer batter recipe off of allrecipes.com that took no skill and very little time to complete. This recipe called for beer, eggs, and flour. Check and CHECK. I've always been a fan of fish and chips, so I decided to try my luck at battering up some ramen/ Much to my surprise, it did not turn out awful. In fact, it was delicious. I boiled the ramen for about 2 minutes, and packed some into a dense ball with sauteed tuna and onions. The ball was dipped in a batter mixture and place in a saucer with oil. Ta da! Instant fried creation.

No comments:

Post a Comment