Sunday, February 9, 2014

#27 Kimchee Pork Ramen

I have had an extensive love affair with kimchee for quite some time now. This Korean staple first peaked my interest when I was a weight-obsessed teenager. For some god-forsaken reason, I became fixated on a cabbage diet. Cabbage. Cabbage. Cabbage. Cabbage was all that I would eat. Fortunately, I came up some creative ways to mask the blandness that is green cabbage, but my world was truly awakened when I stumbled across the complex dish that is kimchee. Well, those days of strict cabbage meals are over, but my love for kimchee remains intact and has even evolved.
This ramen dish includes some of the more traditional ramen ingredients: miso-based broth, enoki mushrooms, and tofu. However, it would have been a crime to not take it to the net level. I made my version of a tortilla soup, but chopping up a char-grilled pork quesadilla and adding it to the mix. The kimchee came last.

No comments:

Post a Comment