Sunday, December 22, 2013

#22: Poor Man's Meal: Beans N Toast

According to an old friend of mine, Heinz beans and toast were the English equivalent to ramen; at least when he was attending university. He has been in the "successful" stage of his life of his life for at least a decade; where as, I have been bobbing about for a good year. Because, I've found myself decrepit more of than once; he satirically makes for me a plate of beans and toast. Fortunately, the humor is not lost on me AND Heinz beans are delicious. I decided to give this meager yet classic meal an update by adding ramen.
The bread was toasted with a toaster (much surprised) and fried on a pan for 1-2 minutes. I've found that gives wheat baguettes some extra crunch. I, also, added parsley to the ramen and topped the beans with Muenster cheese and a fried egg. Yummy

No comments:

Post a Comment