Monday, October 7, 2013

#11 Whiskey Waffles & Ramlette

Insomnia proved to be productive this evening/mid-morning. While moving out of my apartment, I unearthed a waffle maker. And she's a real beaut! She does not have a heat setting per say. But, hey, that's what I like in a lady: a one-tracked mind (note: I haven't slept in awhile). Anyways, I've had waffle meals on the mind. There's this famous brunch spot in Houston, "The Breakfast Klub", that is known for its southern belle, Chikin' & Waffles. Because seating is practically impossible on the weekend and of my phobia of public eating, I doubt I'll ever be able to go. But, I knew it was time for me to crank out some nontraditional waffles. Instead of using vanilla extract, I added Maker's Mark into the batter.

These bad boys were topped with a mushroom, ramen and kale omelette and were smothered in maple syrup.
In order to make these "waist-friendly", I recommend using egg whites for the batter and omelette.

No comments:

Post a Comment