Wednesday, September 25, 2013

#6 Scramen Sandwich and Egg Info

This meal is a homage to left-overs and laziness. I'd like to say that there is no way that you could incorrectly cook an egg, but I have had the unfortunate memory of trying to cook an omelette in the microwave. Microwave cooking is a trial-by-error process. I recommend it to the patient and strong-stomached. From my failures, I've learned that there are valuable pieces of information that you need to consider while cooking an egg.  The egg can be divided into two parts: 1) the yolk which largely consists of unsaturated and saturated fats (7:3 ratio) and 2) egg white IS the protein albumin. The yolk contains omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids which are associated with cardiac health. Now here is what is important. Microwaving egg whites alone will not go well. It will EXPLODE. I believe that this have to do with the condensation reaction that occurs when the albumin cooks.
Anyways... here's my meal for today
Ingredients:
Egg
Ramen
Refried Beans
Salt & Pepper
Bread
Cilantro

No comments:

Post a Comment